Extensible Haskell front-end for the Programatica project
What is in this directory (base)
This directory contains the code that deals with the base language, i.e.,
more or less Haskell 98. It is structured to allow most of the code to
be reused without changes in extended versions of the language.
- nonrecursive data structures for the abstract syntax
(reusable in extensions),
- knot-tying recursive definitions for the base language
(not reusable in extensions),
- Happy parser (not reusable), lexer, lexer generator.
The lexer is described in
A Lexer for
Haskell in Haskell.
- implementation of Haskell's module system, as described in the
paper A Formal Specification for the
Haskell 98 Module System,
- defined names, free names, mapping over names, scoping information,
infix operator reassociation
(both reusable parts and knot-tying parts for the base language),
- type checker (both reusable parts and knot-tying parts for the base language),
- library of pretty printing combinators,
- general library modules (does not depend on anything else here),
- Source level transformations (e.g., pattern match simplification).
Generation of code for derived instances.
- test input,
- Haskell 98 Prelude and Standard Libraries, with some minor changes to
make them go through our type checker. (This is now an important part
of our tools and doesn't belong in the test subdirectory anymore!)